Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do Your Ears Hang Low!




Using a I hook and Worsted Weight yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver
NOTE: The Brown hat had one less increase row, to make more for a toddler or small child. The green fits about an 8yr old
Rnd 1) ch3, 11dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc, 11dc
Rnd 2)ch2 (does not count as st, now and throughout) 2dc in each st around, 22dc
Rnd 3) ch2, 2dc in same st as joining, dc in next st, * 2dc in next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around. 33dc
Rnd 4) ch2, 2dc in same st, dc in next 2sts, * 2dc in next st, dc in next 2sts, repeat from * around, 44dc
Rnd 5) ch2, 2dc in same st, dc in next 3sts, * 2dc in next st, dc in next 3sts, repeat from * around, 54dc
Rnd 6-12) ch2, dc in same st and in each st around, sl st to top of first dc
Do not fasten off
First ear flap:
Row 1)ch2, dc in next 8sts
Row 2)ch2, dc accross
Row 3) ch2, dc next 2sts together, dc in next 3sts, dc next 2sts together, dc in last st
Row 4)ch2, dc next 2sts together, dc in next st, dc next 2sts together, dc in last st
Row 5) ch2, dc next 3sts together, dc in last st
Row 6) ch1, sc all 3sts together, ch40 for tie fasten off
Second earflap
Starting at last st of first flap, skip 18 sts, attach yarn and repeat same as fist flap. Attach yarn at back of hat and sc evenly aroun. When working around tie, hold in front of yarn and sc behind tie. Fasten off and weave in ends. Please feel free to use my patterns for your own creations and do as you like with them, but give credit to my site for the pattern. Happy Hooking!

16 comments:

  1. Perfect for the Maine spring-oops, I mean fall, I mean summer time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your site and I love, love, love it. The hats are so beautiful and so are the kids:) I look forward to seeing more. Great work!! Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern with us. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets be honest here.... No one shares more well written and good looking patterns than you do. You are a amazing women to be able to share so easily! You could sell these patterns for over$5.oo each or more and instead you share your creativity. I have made about 4 patterns for babies of friends I know and they love them. They always want to pay me and I say absolutely not. Your patterns give so much joy
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have commented on another post Olivia's butterfly. I am from Australia and want to make this for an 8 month old and 2 year old how do I alter the pattern and what equivalent wool do I use in australian ply and hook?? so confused but not going to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youre patterns are perfect. And your generosity is amazing. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this pattern. Do you happen to know what the circumference is supposed to be on either of the hats?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having trouble with round 5, I keep getting 55 stitches not 54. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be that I had a typo. :) I have had quite a few with the kiddos running around while typing!

      Delete
  9. Hey there!! Love this pattern, I've made five now :) I just posted about my latest one that I made on my blog and linked it back to your pattern :) Thanks for the patterns, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this pattern Saturday and made 2 hats with matching scarves for my twin nephews on Sunday... I mailed them out on Tuesday and my sister called me today to thank me for making the perfect hats for her little boys! I absolutely love this pattern!
    Now I'm currently working on 3 more for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited. I love using Red Heart Yarn--it's my favorite, because of the price and the way it works. But I am so excited to try this pattern out. I have been searching for days for what kind of pattern to use to make my neice a hat and this is perfect. Thank you so much.

    PS YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! They seem so cute and warm at the same time. I would never be able to make one even in a million years. I am not good at learning new things that easily. I have not learned to write research work yet which is why I buy research proposal writing services from an online platform.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, this comment does not seem relevant to the topic. Perhaps you could try looking for websites or resources that help with assignments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete